Youth Activists -Episode 30 – Geoversiv – Earth Intelligence
Kathryn Kaiser and Clara Garner are high-achieving high school seniors with big college plans. They are also inexhaustibly energetic in the youth movement designed to change adults' future-vision. Organized under the ClimateGeneration mantle and the YEA program (Youth Environmental Activists), they meet, and often graciously confront, legislators, city council members and anyone who will listen to them. Their message is simple: We are here and you need to pay attention to us, because we will soon be voting. The message, never spoken, is clear: "Do the right thing when it comes to climate change laws, regulations and policy, or you won't be in office when we become adults. You will be charmed by these two young women, and if you are like the hosts of this podcast, you will come away with a sense of peace and comfort knowing there are hundreds of thousands of young people like them who are willing to put it all on the line for what they know is their futures, currently in the hands of men and women who fail youth at their public peril.
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts:
The Geoversiv Earth Intelligence podcast is your window into the frontier work of imagining, designing, forging, and securing a future of sustainable health and resilience, open to all. Legendary investigative journalist and long-time television news anchor Don Shelby is the host and executive producer of Geoversiv Earth Intelligence. The lead contributors are Myra Jackson and Joe Robertson.
- Ep. 1: What is Earth Intelligence?
- Ep. 2: Redefining Sustainability
- Ep. 3: The COVID Crisis
- Ep. 4: Why Democracy Matters
- Ep. 5: US Election Debrief
- Ep. 6: Planetary Emergency
- Ep. 7: Climate-Smart Food Systems
- Ep. 8: Climate-Smart Finance
- Ep. 9: Is Science a Human Right?
- Ep. 10: The Rights of Nature, Part 1
- Ep. 11: The Rights of Nature, Part 2
- News Brief: Bipartisan Climate Legislation in US Congress
- Ep. 12: Aftermath – Democracy & Truth
- Ep. 13: Climate Hope
- News Brief: Biden answers ‘a cry for survival’
- Ep. 14: Interview with Katharine Hayhoe
- News Brief: All Senate committees to act on climate
- Ep. 15: Interview with Robert Bryce on electricity poverty
- News Brief: Texas grid failure leads to crisis
- Ep 16: Jonathan Foley on Project Drawdown
- Ep 17: Rachel Kyte on big questions for a new diplomacy
- Ep 18: Michael Mann, Part 1
- Ep 19: Michael Mann, Part 2
- Ep 20: Stephen Polasky on Natural Capital